International Student Contest on Wirelessly Connected IoT
Secure and Trustable – 2020 edition
AP/MTT/AES Joint Chapter, IEEE Poland
Submission deadline extended: 31.07.2020 (23:59 CEST)
|1st PLACE||2nd PLACE||3rd PLACE||ADDIONINAL PRICES FOR FINALISTS|
|1300 €||1000 €||700 €||
500 € each
Cool gadgets and books
Tell us about your bachelor or master thesis, PhD dissertation or any kind of student project and win awesome prizes!
Think of wearables used in healthcare and smart living, think of your smart home appliances, future smart cities, connected cars, or all the machines collaborating in a modern production facility (talk Industry 4.0). They are all part of “The Internet of Things” (IoT), which revolutionizes our everyday life, one of the most important drivers of digital transformation. But are the IoT devices secure? Can you trust them?
The European research project SCOTT (Secure COnnected Trustable Things) consortium organizes a competition for students and recent graduates. If your bachelor or master thesis, PhD dissertation or student project of any kind addresses issues like security, safety, trust, and dependability applicable to wired and wireless communication or can be used in interesting IoT applications, send us its description, applicability fields, together with your CV. We are interested in accomplished projects targeting industrial domains like automotive, aeronautics, building, health, robotics, smart manufacturing, etc. that can be a part of the future secure and wirelessly connected world.
The contest finalist will have an opportunity to present their projects before representatives of the leading European companies and universities on 1.10.2020.
- Get familiar with the Contest Rules and topic examples below,
- Fill the Application Form based on your accomplished achievement,
- Send the filled form together with its signed and scanned version by e-mail: email@example.com
The contest will be focusing on (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Advanced wireless sensor networks (WSN) and IoT concepts for industrial use cases in domains like automotive, aeronautics, building, health, robotics, smart manufacturing, with the focus on one or more of the following attributes: security, safety, reliability, trustability.
- Theoretical aspects of security, privacy, safety and trust for IoT.
- Innovative energy-constrained and autonomous IoT components.
- Dependable WSN with enhanced energy efficiency, robustness and quality-of-service.
- Physical layer and out-of-band security in WSN applications.
- Routing and scheduling algorithms for reliable real-time WSNs.
- Secure identification, authentication, authorization and communication in WSN.
- Trust anchors and trust indicators for secure IoT systems.
- Edge and Cloud computing services for safe and secure connected mobility applications.
- Secure localization using radio technology.
- UWB solutions for distance bounding and positioning.
- Secure car access technologies.
- Secure and robust Integration of IoT systems with edge/cloud services.
- Connected vehicles (e.g. cars, trucks, …) interacting with personal mobile devices and systems of passengers, road participants, other vehicles and cloud services.